The microbusiness community, Flying Solo now has 70,000 members and 30,000 in online social media groups. It evolved from what was basically a coaching niche. Founder Robert Gerrish shares the journey with us and gives some great advice about finding your passion and sticking to it.
Broadcast date: 26th September, 2014
1. Flying Solo Web site www.flyingsolo.com.au
2. The Accidental Entrepreneur (book) by Susan Urquhart-Brown
3. Coach U was started by Thomas Leonard http://www.coachinc.com/coachu/
4. Ted.com talk on delivering portaloos
5. Seth Godin – daily email “The Purple Cow”
6. Our coaching accelerate program www.frazerholmes.com/accelerate
7. Our blog pages www.frazerholmes.com/blog
Robert is an expert in the science of human behaviour and performance enhancement with a passion for neurology, leadership and the psychology of potential. He believes it is important to bring hard science to coaching, and that coaching practices be evidence based and research backed. Robert is a founding partner at Frazer, Holmes Coaching and current Director of Brand and Marketing for the International Coach Federation Australasia (ICFA). Robert is a professionally certified coach (PCC) with over 20 years of business experience and an ICF Accredited Mentor Coach. He is an Associate at the National Speaker's Association, a member of the Coaching Psychology interest group at the APS, a certified Action Learning Coach, a Member of the Australian Institute of Management Consultants.